Monday, October 17, 2011

Quick Six PRO with BA Tortuga

Here's a quickie of a Quick Six, and well worth the read if you'd like to find out a little more about my fellow Torquere author BA Tortuga:

Quick Six PRO with BA Tortuga

Q: What's hot on the market these days?

A: For me? A little slap and tickle, a little werewolf. ;-)

Q: What's the most time-consuming part of a writer's life?

A: Writing. (I know I'm supposed to say marketing, but I write more than I market).

Q: What should a writer's priority be?

A: My priority is storytelling and being honest to the characters' voices.

Q: How do you handle a bad review?

A: I don't read my reviews, ever. If there's something in a review that is valid and that I can change, my partner tells me and I work on it. Otherwise, I find that obsessing over reviews steals writing time.

Q: What advice do you give aspiring authors?

A: Write. Every day. Whether or not you want to.

Q: Do you find yourself writing for the market and not for YOU, or self-censoring in any way?

A: Well, I do periodically write for a specific call and, oftentimes, I'm writing to fill a hole that another author has left, but mostly I write whoever's loudest. ;-)

***

BA Tortuga is author of:

Hey, Jealousy

Blurb: JW thinks he’s missed his chance at a romantic relationship with his best friend Rory forever, all because of a stupid moment when he was much younger. Rory wants JW desperately, but he knows his buddy just isn’t into the kind of games Rory likes to play, let alone into long-term relationship with a guy. When JW comes home from a long haul on the road, though, and finds Rory in a compromising position, he knows he’s found the way to correct his youthful mistake. Will Rory believe JW’s jealous response?

Buy Link:
http://www.torquerebooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3137

***
Rednecks and Romance
Sometimes a fistfight can be foreplay.
www.batortuga.com

No comments:

Post a Comment