Monday, November 14, 2011

Quick Six PRO with Jena Galifany (Part 2)

Remember how I said we'd be back next week with part two? Well, it's next week and...

Quick Six PRO
Interview with Jena Galifany
Part 2

Q: What do you look for in a publisher?

Jena Galifany: Co-operation with their authors, and easy access. I like to know if I have a need, my publisher will be there to listen and to advise. I've found that in both of my publishers.

Q: What makes an editor great or...not so great?

Jena Galifany: If the editor does not see what I am trying to say with a particular phrase, I have an opportunity to discuss it with them. I've had this situation a time or two and both editors have worked with me, and not attempted to over shadow what I was trying to convey. An editor should be open to working with the author in certain situations.

Q: Do you have a preference for short stories or longer works?

Jena Galifany: I'd love to write short stories but I always end up with too much to say. I'll keep trying though. I have written a couple of flash fictions but only one has been published in an ezine.

Q: If you've ventured into self-publishing, what are the pros and cons?

Jena Galifany: I've not tried this so can offer no comment.

Q: Do you find yourself writing for the market and not for YOU, or self-censoring in any way?

Jena Galifany: I tend to write for myself which is why I have several pieces that have not see the light of day as yet. When they seem to be acceptable, I will do more with them.

Q: How have the people in your life reacted to your career as a writer?

Jena Galifany: Most have been very supportive. I would never have been published if Joyce and Brandi had not shoved me into it. I will be eternally grateful to them both. My husband has his moments. He loves when I have a new book out but has mixed emotions about the time it takes me to write it. My youngest daughter has already written several books herself and is only 19. She has yet to venture into the publishing arena. My older two children are a bit proud of Mom and that makes me feel great!

Q: Any promo tips for fellow authors?

Jena Galifany: Do interviews and chats. Don't be afraid to give something away once in a while and make it something clever. I have the ShadowsForge series about an 80's rock band and I've given away a tour shirt signed by all five members of ShadowsForge and myself, and dog tags engraved with the band, tour and bass player, Ty Synclair's name. Three members of the band have their own email addys and they attend chats, too. I make video trailers for all of my books and post them online where I can.

The ShadowsForge series can be found at Whiskey Creek Press.com:

No comments:

Post a Comment