Thursday, August 29, 2013

FREE READ: The Public Life of Private Paulsen #transgender #historical #romance

This darling little love story originally appeared in my out-of-print anthology "My Mistress' Thighs" (which received an honourable mention in the 2011 Rainbow Awards--not that I'm bragging or anything) and was also available as an ebook from a now-defunct publisher.

But I've revived it, just for you!

And why?  Because every time I see a tweet about Chelsea Manning and transgender issues relating to the military, I think about this story. "The Public Life of Private Paulsen" is a post-war historical about a pair of soldiers who always shared a special connection.

Where can you get this free ebook?

I've uploaded it as a FREE READ at my new Coffee Time Romance webstore: http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/BookStore/pubs_product_book_info/indie-authors-giselle-renarde-c-193/the-public-life-of-private-paulsen-p-10944


If you don't know me or my work, maybe I should add, as a disclaimer: this story contains explicit sex.  If you do know me and my work, maybe you'll be surprised by the amount of sweetness in this little short. It's so tender.  Oh, I just love it.

The headlines read: Private Paulsen went abroad and came back a broad.

World War Two changed the lives of all GIs who went into battle, but in the case of Private Paulsen, post-war transformations prove wildly more dramatic. 

After undergoing one of the world’s first sex change operations in Europe, the Private returns home with a splash…a brand new identity. Pearl Paulsen is instantly the most intriguing and yet reviled celebrity in the country, but her fame provides little comfort when she misses the man she loves. 

When Pearl meets up once again with George, the soldier she fought beside at Normandy, will the sparks they'd suppressed during the war return?  Now that Pearl has the body she’s always wanted, can love bloom between the two?   


Get it now. Tell your friends.  Here's the link: http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/BookStore/pubs_product_book_info/indie-authors-giselle-renarde-c-193/the-public-life-of-private-paulsen-p-10944

Hugs,
Giselle

No comments:

Post a Comment